Tuesday, May 15, 2012

E-books--Ebsco

1) I did my usual search for genealogy and my choices numbered 102. Upon looking at the first part of the list, there were several books on research helps, several on writing a family history or story and numerous 'Idiot Guides'. As I scrolled down further there were books on History, which I guess is what genealogy is--the history of a family. I then went back and revised my search for only downloadable books and it still came up with 96 books. Most of these were similar to what was found the first time. I then went back and revised one more time and limited the Time span from 1979-2005 to 2000-2005. This time the amount of books went down to 38, so as you can see if you want to limit your results, you can do this here.

I then click on the "Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Your Family History" and found it was very easy to download, and I believe I could have save it to a Reader (kindle, laptop, etc.) also. This would be quite handy if you wanted to take it home.


2) I would recommend the books "Bill of Rights" by Thomas T. Lewis; "United States Government Information : Policies and Sources" by Peter Hernon; and maybe "Civil Rights Movement" In Magill's Choice, Salem Press, 2000.

3) There were 88 books available, and after skimming the top of the list, the topics were Indians, Baseball, and some History.

No comments:

Post a Comment