Thursday, May 17, 2012

ArchiveGrid

1) I learned that Sitting Bull fought at the Little Big Horn, then went to Canada to hide from the US troops. He also was touring with the Buffalo Bill Cody Show and was killed resisting arrest.

2) I started with a search for "L. M. Stanton" and had no results, then I did a search for "David Davis" and numerous records came up but I soon realized that most of them were on other David Davises, one being a Doctor out of Illinois. I then did a search for "James Franklin Davis - born 1859" (my great grandfather) and no results came up so I dropped the born in 1859 part and still had not results. So I moved on to genealogy - Davis and so many results (17950) I did not even want to try to search through them, so I added the quotes "genealogy - Davis" and this narrowed down the entries (38) with genealogy information for just the name of Davis. Just about all the records that came up were from Historical Societies in the United States. If I try to narrow down the search with more of a name, I get no results. It would still be a very good resource for genealogy information.


Camio

1) After searching for Paul Revere and having a total of 35 works come up, I could see that he must have been a very good silver smith, as most of the items were of that nature. Teaspoons, coffee creamer, sugar bowl, tea set, etc.

2) After searching for "Sioux" there were 63 items and of those most were clothing or artifacts pertaining to the Sioux Indians and their culture.

3) I first searched for "Terry Redlin" which came up with no results, then I searched for "John Moison" of which there were still no results, so then I searched for "Monet" of which there were 115 works, of which he either did or someone else did of him. My first love of art is still Terry Redlin!

4) It is a very good site for anyone wanting to see works of art, wether it be painting, photographer, or of other mediums. It would also unhance flyers and webpages.

5) I searched for quilts and it came up with 13 results of which were all very outstanding. I choose the two crazy quilts, the friendship quilt, the botanical quilt and the album quilt and put these into my favorites page. I tried to do the slideshow, but it seemed to get hung up after the first quilt and I could not compare the two quilts I would have liked to compare. When you click on the button to open the first quilt, I did notice that only two of the quilts were dark numbered and the other three were light numbers. I'm not sure what that means but it was the dark numbers that would work here. I then preceded to move a couple of the quilts around and that was quite easy.

The quilt I'm displaying here is the one I like the best with this one as a close second.

This was a lot of fun and very interesting.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for completing this optional lesson, Family Searcher.

    ReplyDelete